PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA examiners in the US?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 05:17
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for your replies. I did a little research and I'll be a little more specific: I am currently flying the E145 in the US. I hold a UK ATPL that expired last year in February. My last class test (MEP) was a little over 5 years ago (I guess they call it LST now). I got MCC credit from the CAA earlier this year. Here's what I want to do:

Renew my CAA ATPL for the purpose of converting it to JAR CPL (JAR ATPL is out of the question right now, there too many issues with obtaining security clearances in the US to do a proficiency test, etc.).

As far as I understand the requirements (LAS G5.1)I need a valid medical certificate and a certificate of revalidation. It also states that "where an applicant can show that he/she is currently flying under the privileges of a non-UK ICAO licence and are flying an aircraft endorsed within their UK [...] licence, they may have their licence re-issued, by holding a valid UK [...] medical certificate [...].

If I fly MEP aircraft once in a while does that qualify, or do I need another LST?

Thanks,

7 7 7 7

Last edited by Squawk7777; 13th May 2006 at 06:14.