PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 2
Thread: MANCHESTER - 2
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 17:59
spannersatcx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You aren't seriously suggesting that Emirates introduced a second service as a charitable gesture are you?
Airlines do, when CX introduced the 3rd daily flt to LHR, the airline was quite happy to make a loss on it as it was deemed more marketable/presdigious or whatever to have 3 daily flts to LHR than 2. It is now the case with the 4th flt, quite happy to make a loss etc etc.

I guess they must be happy because they are certainly making a loss on it, that's for sure.(must be where my profit share went)

Far East and other LH carriers won't fly to MAN because their pax want to fly to London, not a regional airport
The last time I flew home from HKG I would guess that at least 75% of the pax on the LHR-MAN flt had just got off the CX flt (and it happens more often than not). When CX had a pax flt at Man, a lot went out via LHR and back in to MAN, this was due to the poor slot time that CX insisted on out of MAN.

Unfortunately with airlines like CX they only see the UK as London and nothing more, as I believe the largest Chineese community in the UK is Manchester region you'd think they (CX) would make more of a go of it and not just fly to London!

We live in hope I guess.