PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals Scenario (Support Crew)
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 16:05
thelynxeffect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Originally Posted by BEagle
You, sir, are an utter arse.
Having seen how hard the Gingers worked stuck out on frozen, windswept ASPs around the world trying to fix the ancient Vickers FunBus when something stopped working, they have my every sympathy.
Swaying about on a cherry picker some 47 ft up in the air trying to fix a TPI sensing fault with a significant wind chill - try it some time.
of all the replys I decided this one most deserved an answer.

do you think the infantry lads are having it easy when they spend weeks in a fox hole, I don't see many bootnecks yomping across dartmoor in the pissing rain without a care in the world because they get an extra 50quid cos the missed a meal, how much cash do they get extra? nothing, because it's their job.

The replys posted try to suggest that I don't appreicate the ground crews, you couldn't be further from the truth, I was a soldier before I started flying (9 years of foxholes) so I know how the other half live. I just also know that people get paid for their job, any unpleasantness is taken care for by the X factor. If you don't think you get paid enough for the job you do even with X factor then do what every civvie in the world would do and get a better paid job.

Actuals is NOT compensation for hard work, If it was then the Forces would run out of money by the second of the month!