PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - air france, any good?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 10:28
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flew LHR-CDG-DKR returned DKR-CDG-LHR with AF in late 2004. The a/c was comfortable, clean and tidy. Nothing flamboyant about the cabin and the crews were fine without being exceptional on all 4 sectors.

Where they surprised me considering the general panning they get from a lot of people was in their ground handling.

On the way out the flight ex LHR was delayed quite badly and the connection time on landing at CDG was down to 35 mins; by the time we got onto the remote stand it was down to 25 mins. At the bottom of the steps was a beautiful young Air France girl who had my name on a piece of paper. Alas she only wanted me to catch my flight Into a minibus and off to the onward flight. I explained that my bag MUST make the connection as I was travelling to a remote part of Senegal and wouldn't be able to come back to Dakar just to collect the bag. She immediately started to speak with people, and lo and behold when I arrived in Dakar it was the 3rd bag on the belt.

So top marks so far to Air France

On the return the connection ex CDG was about 2 hours. On arrival LHR there were about 6 of us left at the carousel waitingfor our bags. It was just dawning on us that our bags were not going to appear when the Air France baggage staff made an announcement asking waiting pax to go to their desk. I was ready to be stroppy but had all my plans blown away when the agent informed me they had the bag in CDG, it had missed the flight due to a problem with transfer bag security screening, told me which flight it would be arriving on, and asked when would be convenient to deliver it me.

The bag arrived at my home within 10 minutes of the time they promised.
Great product recovery guys

Would I fly with Air France again? Definitely