PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jade Cargo
Thread: Jade Cargo
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 05:13
alexb757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The writing is on the wall here, isn't it?
Salary/pay - well below industry standards, even for a start-up. All start-ups use that famous phrase because that's the only way they can justify it.
Also, the more complex you make the pay and per diems etc, the more likely that there is a hidden agenda such as....you'll never make it to 80 hours a month.
Interesting that the majority of "successful" candidates are not typed. Normally, you would expect at least a 50-50 split.
$1200 out of your monthly pay towards the training costs for 3 years. Who came up with that figure and more importantly, how was it derived? To the uninitiated, a 744 type on average costs around $12-30K, depending on which training organisation you use. Boeing's Alteon in SEA charges around $13,000 (not including hotac). So, at that rate, if YOU were paying the type yourself at the SAME deductible rate, it would take approx 1 year to pay it off. My question is why are they insisting to deduct 1200/month for THREE years??? That's far too much. It would be cheaper if you bought the rating right off the bat!!! Are they going to give any of this "withheld" money back after 3 years if you stay? With interest?
As you can see, this whole thing generates far more questions than it answers. It is clearly not the plump job that it first seemed. I suppose if you want to fly a nice new 744 and build some time it's OK but at what sacrifice? Are you paying a hefty mortgage at home? KIds in school or university? How often will you get home?
You really need to weigh the advantages - such as they are (or not!) against the downers before you decide if this is for you. IT might well be OK for some but I suspect the veterans among us expect a little bit more and not have our intelligence called into question.
Have a nice day!