PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quitters Rejoining - Age 60
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 04:42
Old China Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't help but agree with the sentiments touched upon by Mr. Bloggs. The firing of the 49er's was more than 'just' a response to the AOA's industrial action. It was a cruel, vindictive, malicious and craven attack on a group of individuals who, for the most part, were not aware that they were even on the company's 'hit list'. That would be bad enough in and of itself. The management then lowered themselves to the level of butchers when they then embarked on a campaign of victimisation of the men they had just fired. They broke privacy laws, lied to government departments (IRD as an example), and blacklisted them with many of the worlds major airlines that would have given them refuge. Worst of all was the effect it had on the mens families and loved ones. Many a wife shed a sleepless night in tears. Many children had their lives turned upside down and fractured. I suggest that any of you who read this put aside your own thoughts about the 'sins' of the 49er's, and contemplate the sheer viciousness of what 'our' management did to our friends and colleagues. As Mr Bloggs mentioned, two of those same colleagues are now dead, one of their wives also dead, and a 3 year old orphan left to grow up without his parents. I am ashamed to think that some of those 'managers' used to be considered my friends. I can understand how someone utterly devoid of morals like Turnbull or Tyler could play their part in this tragedy, but I am still bewildered how many of the 'middle management' of Flight Ops can face themselves after what they took part in. As long as I live, I will remember what happened. No amount of false 'good will' from these people will get me to forget what was done to basically decent, hard working men. In the annals of industrial terrorism, what our management did should go down in infamy. As to the creatures involved, I can barely look at them without feelling ill. Remember, these leapords will never change their spots. They are a disgrace as human beings. OCD