PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanabee looking for advice
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 21:59
Airforce1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome, to the most cruelest industry in the world, Hope you ready since starting at such a late age but never too late! Do not feel that you were unlucky to not make the cadet scheme, just read through some latest threads especially on SAA to put you in the limelight. You might be glad in the long run despite the extra costs.
Well not to be too negative, only advice is do a fulltime course somewhere 43 Air School, Progress, Cape Flying, APTC, Bluechip. Take your pick of the sausage factorys, personally I would recommend 43 Air School from PPL to Single Com licence, and then head to JHB to do a twin conversion and get experience of JHB airspace (Also cos some schools on the coast try to write in 30 hrs of twin training into their syllabus-which is a waste of cash,less than 10hrs is all you need;besides as a new COM pilot whats 30hrs or 10hrs ?)
Be ready to spend much money even after you have qualified....but I am sure you no the ins & outs, so won't go into it.
No test exam that I know of???just be ok at basic math,but normal entry to a training school is a $ deposit!
Good luck