PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 16:30
Blinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, Glad to see the thread till active and with so many new people starting their PPLs, good luck to you all! Its a brilliant experience and everyone here is willing to give you support and help as best we can.

A quick update to what I've been doing, sorry I've not posted in so long. For the past 6 months I've been doing my ATPL ground school and that really did pretty much take up all my life, so much stuff to learn in so little time!!! Finished the exams in April with an average of 95% so was really chuffed with that. Am now in Phoenix, Arizona for my VFR training for my CPL, done 6hrs so far. Highlight of the trip so far has to have been having 3hrs flying in a Cirrus SR20. Its an amazing piece of kit compared to the warriors that I've been flying. Can cruise at around 150kts and has a full glass cockpit with moving map, autopilot, TCAS and lots of other nice toys. Great fun to fly and really impressive to see what 30 more years of desgin can do to an aircraft (yes warriors are really that old!!!)

Sorry that this isn't really suited to the PPL diary, I just thought I'd give you all a quick update, I have more time on my hands now so I'll try and post more. Good luck to you all!