PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Govt questions UK Govt over bomb threat handling
Old 11th May 2006, 16:05
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snaga

Leaving aside the snipers comment, because thats the last thing that a. the crew would be told and b. that would have happened by that stage.

I'll repeat what I said. The relevent authorities should sit down and thrash it out. This isn't the place. Moaning on here may make you feel better, but wont solve it. The Mil have thier way, the airlines theirs. The Police then have to sort it out, having been faced with a plane arriving, probably with next to no warning.

The common sense approach is to take advice from each other. As I said, I don't fly planes, you don't Police. My objectives in the circumstances may well be the same as yours, saftey, but how we arrive at that may well be different. Your concern is just the pax on that aircraft, mine would be the entire airport. There is little point in letting all pax off an aircraft, and not having the ability to keep them sterile.

As I said, Police are the prime authority for crime in the UK. Terrorism is a crime. A Bomb threat is a crime. Police therefore have control over it. In the same way as if there was a murder on an aircraft. Again, the point at which control passes from you to police is common sense. I aint going to interfer in the air. Once you land its a police matter.

Do I agree something went wrong? Presuming that the crew were not informed why they were not getting off, and that the threat was not classed as green after landing, then yes, there seems to have been a breakdown in communications. I say seems because thats all I can say.