PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Govt questions UK Govt over bomb threat handling
Old 11th May 2006, 15:41
snaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bjcc
at what precise point from the issuing of a bomb warning to the crew of an aircraft to the successful disembarkation of the passengers and crew does the responsibility for the disposition of the flight move from the captain to "senior police officer on scene".
- That was my question. Your response was:
But where I do did get involved is when it arrived at the airport I worked on. From that point, its is as I said the responsibility of the senior police officer on scene, be that a PC or the Commissioner.
That is not specific enough. Does the law not say that the captain is in charge until the doors are opened. In this case it appears the doors were closed AND disembarkation was refused and - possibly - the captain was informed that snipers were positioned to enforce the refusal (though I cannot be certain that this was definitively the case).

You know what you know because
... it's in a home office memo.
Well, the obvious questions are (a) if this is a memo about Bomb Alerts or some other type of event and (b) when precisely does the transfer of responsibility take place according to the memo?

Also, would you think me picky if I were to suggest that when you say
They had more info that you do on the subject.
- that maybe they did not have more info, but perhaps had the same, or even less? I think it is evident that something has gone askew here and I think you might even share my suspicions.