PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford Bonus Days -- Great fly-in
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 13:10
HGFC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said, we made it and had a great time It was a shame that there were only five of us there in the end but I'm sure the weather had a lot to do with it. I had been convinced for most of the week that the forecast weather for EGBO would put paid to our chances of setting off. In the end it was a glorious morning and we had a lovely flight over arriving just in time to see the Catalina departing and at 11:15hrsL, well within our planned ETA of 11:00 to 11:30. ATC were very helpful and friendly - they are obviously well used to slightly thick students who can't write very quickly and they have a great sense of humour too I am only going to post a few of the photos we took, some were taken for me by my FI and are posted with his permission. He took the one as I turned onto final - probably to stop himself worrying about what I was doing Thank you to those who arranged the day it was well worth the trip. We had to leave early as we had a message to say that the weather was deteriorating back at EGBO and we did encounter some drizzle on the way back. All in all it was good experience for me and an enjoyable one too. We will be back sometime.
1 Crosswind (yes it was for me!) you can just see the Catalina departing.

2 It's not as high as it looks!

3 The view from the tower.

4 The Beech Staggerwing

5 MF in some very select company.