PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training at Essendon
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 11:57
LUVJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

MBA747

sounds to me like your collegue, perhaps did not make the grade with direct. just call and speak to anyone of the crew and ask them:

1/ how they enjoy working for DAC

2/ how many hours are been flown by any one individual on their respective (current types).

you will find both answers staggering and that direct are an employer of choice (piston).

its like anything.......once you have completed your training and you are good at what you do ....it would be stupid for the training org or their affiliates not to keep you and put you through their ranks.

I no longer worry about the piston stuff but a lot of my mates do and i have some solid advice....

choose a flying org that has a path of progression. yes, it may cost a little more but once you graduate they will need you as much as you need them...what better scenario......

they train you , they employ you, pay you well and before you know it you have achieved your ultimate job. and guess what ?? you did it with one org.

essendon has one school , that can provide this opportunity from student pilot to employed commercial pilot ( i dare any of one of you negative humans to prove this wrong and name a better option at essendon).

any way, as one whom has been their, done that ( yes with this org from start ) i can give you what i have experienced for you r betterment.

take it or leave it. and by the way......you get what you pay for.