PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue edging up-market
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 09:06
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Virgin Blue are serious about attracting a higher calibre of frequent flyer, they'll need to do some serious evaluation of their in-flight cabin crew antics.

Last Thursday I flew DJ829 ML to SY. At some point in the flight, the cabin crew gave their spiel over the PA about what to do on arrival in Sydney (connecting flights, car hire options, etc), although you'd never have guessed it from all the gibberish and uncontrolled laughter. One male and two female crew decided to use the opportunity to slag off at each other - albeit tongue in cheek. Nevertheless, calling each other names and expressing their apparent dislike for certain other crew members over the PA for all to hear, was totally unprofessional and embarrasing to listen to.

The following day I caught DJ842 SY back to ML. This time it was a Pacific Blue aircraft and crew operating a Virgin Blue service, and the conduct of the cabin crew was no better. An indigenous Kiwi male cabin attendant took the opportunity mid-flight to let everyone know that a certain passenger and his mates were on their way to Melbourne for a raunchy stag night and wedding event. Suffice to say that the PA bordered on the ridiculous 'bro.

I don't have anything against Virgin Blue, and have mostly had enjoyable and safe trips with them. I have a few mates who work as tech crew, and I hold them in high regard. However my most recent experience left quite a sour taste in my mouth, and the crew's conduct on both occasions was quite unacceptable for an operator with aspirations to attract serious business travellers.