PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Pay Offer to easyJet Pilots - April 2006
Old 10th May 2006, 17:04
bloggs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps, everyone is losing out as far as pensions go. The previous deal had a higher salary therefore more cash went in to your pension. The current deal you can choose to top up your pension, but it will still not = the pension contribution from the last, and part of your 'payrise' disappears.

Yeah, i can understand the whole representation thing, thats why i have been in BALPA since i joined ej. I am disappointed that we couldn't refine the last offer, (i voted no as well) but it is their bat and ball and they chose to change brands. I will vote no for this deal as well because i would be prepared to walk out and bring them back to the table and try and get this sorted. I don't plan on staying but would be prepared to give it a go just because of the crap deal i got when i joined, and if it could be sorted it might be worth staying. Doesn't look like the 80 odd % that voted no for the last deal are prepared to do so, but such is life. Still reckon Comanche was management, they know they are getting off the hook easy with us, maybe the cabin crew will stick it to them a bit.

I can read and can understand what is being offered. I wonder about what the CC do with these offers for the week or so they have them before we see them. They didn't seem to understand the last one and no one bothered to proof read this one as not all the pay scales were correct. Really makes the little people on the non standard (read crap) payscales feel like they are being well looked after when they have to keep reminding people what they are actually (not) getting.

Reading back through this makes me realise how a written format doesn't always convey an accurate message. I am not bitter about the current negotiations nor my deal on joining. I also appreciate the work of the people on the cc as i am not prepared to put my time into it, when they are. My family gets little enough of my time as it is. EJ is what i expected it to be and they have done exactly what they said they would for me. I am grateful to have a reasonably well paid job, with good training, maintenance and equipment and i endeavour to give good service and be a safe operator in return. I think with a little effort from both sides it could actually be the kind of company to work for that we keep getting told it supposedly is. Enough said i am retiring back to the sidelines.