PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Pay Offer to easyJet Pilots - April 2006
Old 10th May 2006, 17:01
orangetree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlapsOne
Further contribution to pension remains a personal issue which is a great shame but, until a change of culture occurs at the top end of the company, it's difficult to see what can be done other than chipping away at the conscience.
looks pretty much to me as if you're admitting defeat on pensions. Despite a BALPA pledge to improve it at the start of negotiations. So why are we rolling over and playing dead on pensions when we have supposedly such a high membership level?!?
I agree that our improved membership levels are reaping some rewards but given that the circumstances for negotiation are as good as they are going to be for the forseeable future we havn't exactly been presented with a golden egg have we? ''Building a Career Airline'' with a 7 % pension? Hmmm. Perhaps we should change that to ''Building the BA and Virgin Holding pool''
As for FREA, I was under the impression that was more to do with the efforts on one man in the Charter sector. Did he not take this on himself before BALPA Jumped on the wagon?