PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAF Requirements
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2006, 12:31
jaca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger Copy Charlie
I think Matt has proven himself to be an excellent candidate to fly for MAF.
We know from this thread that MAF is a bunch of religious happy clappers, for whom flying is not their main objective. They expect their pilots to follow their beliefs.
Matt22 proves himself in this thread to be stubborn, short-sighted, dogmatic, not very clever, very passionate about a point where he is wrong, and he refuses to listen to the voice of reason.
Seems he's a Flying Fundamentalist already!
Go for it Matt! Join the flying nuthouse!
When I was in flying school, there was a "born again" student who totalled a plane 'cause he ran out of fuel... at the airport where he was supposed to refuel, he found out that he forgot to take the fuel card... he continued his trip in any case. In a radio interview right after the crash, he said God must have put an angel on his shoulder because he survived without a scratch... I've heard he's now the Chief Pilot or Training Captain for MAF.
I think religion in itself is a threat to flight safety. I don't want to fly with somebody who has even the slightest idea that God might help him out.
With pilots like that around, all I can say is: "God help us all".
Glad that Roger Copy feels free to make sweeping generalisations about Christians but clearly has not met many! I think that you will find the kind of people described in all areas of life, that's humans for you!

MAF is an organisation dating back to the 1940's and has an excellent safety record. The pilots who fly for MAF range from relatively low hours instructors to high hours airline pilots. They do have in common a strong Christian faith and ethos and (obviously to the amazement of some) are not driven by the need to accumulate wealth! The work they do makes the difference between life and death for many and at the very least means that travel to remote places takes hours instead of days thus saving valuable time for example, for eye surgeons in Bangledesh who will spend maybe four days instead of two restoring sight. The best rewards are not always financial!