PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 10th May 2006, 09:10
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJJP,
There is a lot of interest in the Lords. The Lordships are also batting for helos as well. I thought CAS got off to a slow start with his answers to HCDC on 07 Mar. Since then, there has been a very interesting decision made concerning Hercules. Cannot discuss here, but I agree with you there are signs of a learning curve. With ref to Beagle's point, I spent a long time with AOC 2, if he says it is going to happen and there is a timeline I am OK with that. I am looking for a guarantee that Herc crews will not be sent into hostile zones without "modern DAS", foam and passenger protection. I am not interested in numbers just the guarantee.

If we can help helo world we are willing!!

If I may just correct you on one thing with regard to this thread. This is not a grass roots rebellion I have had messages of support all the way up. There is a realisation that a lot of people made the wrong call on foam and self-protection. Now it is time for Des Browne to act.