PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Service Gabon aircraft gone!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2006, 04:49
-8partspig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all... The Deluce's are a big family in Canada. Robert Deluce is starting Porter in Toronto and Bruce and Bill Deluce were shareholders in Air Service. They have nothing to do with each other. Second of all the airline was just called Air Service... No Gabon in the name.. Thirdly nobody knows why anyone left the country, so before we all go calling each other thieves we should get the facts staight, which I can tell you now will never happen. But, I do know you don't get to where the Deluce's are in Aviation today especially in North America by being thieves! Air Service presently from a maintanance perspective is a hurting unit.. They lost thier tech records software when the Deluce's left so they have no way of knowing times of airframe components. That means they can't plan tasks and and have no way of knowing when critical parts are coming due on the Dash's or Twins. Which in turn means that the next audit done by an oil company means they will lose their contracts. I had to deal with the oil companies and they are fierce auditors. They also lost their Chief Pilot, Director of Mtc and Ops Manager. Curious who they will get to fill those positions in such short time? It sucks that some people feel they were left behind but hey... At least they still have their jobs and are still flying! The Twins days are numbered in my opinion anyway... One was due off lease in the end of may and the other was leased from a Canadian company that I am sure wants the plane back now that they know the Deluce's have pulled out.

Anyway, next time you go fly TR-LFJ to Pointe Noire why don't you ask you mtc manager how much time is left on your ELT... Or when your number two starter/gen is due for its bearing replacement and and overhaul... I'm curious what he will tell you. But hey you're in Africa you don't have to fly to ICAO standards if you pay off the civil aviation authority...

Good luck with those oil contracts!!