PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 10th May 2006, 02:26
RITZER82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on becoming a pilot (merged)

Hi I wonder if anyone can kindly advice me on what you think will be the best course of action to take in order to become a fully qualified commercial airline pilot. I have just finished University in the United Kingdom and am currently in full time employment in order to save up enough money within the next two years in order to fund the training course in order to eventually become an airline pilot. However all the flight schools that I have checked out in the United Kingdom such as Oxford (OAT) and Cabair has proved to be very costly and way over my budget and the last thing I want will be to take up a loan in order to help me finance the flying course. I am considering going abroad such as USA, Canada or New Zealand as I was recommended a flight school in New Zealand called International Aviation Academy of New Zealand who are offering the whole course of up to 260 total flying hours plus conversion to JAA licence at only £33,000 and if I add on the living costs it will total to around £41,000 which is way cheaper then doing it say Cabair who charge around £53,000 which is rediculously expensive especially when you add the living costs with it. The only problem with New Zealand is it is too far from home and therefore theres the risk that I will get home sick very shortly. Can anyone advice me on what good flight schools I can go to that will be recognised by European airlines in particularly British airlines such as Ryanair or Easyjet bear in mind the total cost of the course, all assistance will be much appreciated, thank you in advance.