PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who are the lowest paid pilots?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2006, 23:06
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to make a clarification to an earlier post I made. It has been pointed out to me that our cadet pilots here at easyJet do not get the same deal as everyone else in their first 6 months. This is because they are still 'owned' by CTC until they have done 6 months on line and become easyJet employees. In that 6 month period they receive £1000 per month tax free and no sector pay of any kind.

Also someone asked me what an easyJet captain would take home per month. It is hard to give an exact figure due to variations in sectors and so on. As a rough guide, assuming a 5% contribution from the captain and 500 sectors per year, you would get £4300-£4500 net monthly. On top of that he would get a one-off loyalty bonus payment every year of 5%, 10% or 15% of basic salary depending on whether he has been employed for 2-5,5-10 or 10+ years. 5% at today's salary level would be £2008 net. In Oct 2006 that will increase to £2213. This payment is dependent on the company being in profit on 30th September - which it always has been since the company began. I hope that helps.