PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet (Merged 30/05)
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2006, 20:58
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Why Luton?

I doubt very much if the folk flying on Silverjet will be arriving on First Capital Connect!

I guess the dozens and dozens of arriving executives at Luton in the many biz jets movements per day are doing so under duress?

I quote Epsilon minus.... "Why EGGW with it's awful reputation as a bucket and spade holiday launch point short runway and naf winter weather. There is no rail connection to the airport (don't tell me that parkway is the airport) and the M1 to J11 is always jammed."

So Stansted is not a bucket and spade airport?

Short runway! More than enough length to fly to New York in a 767 with 100 pax on board. Having flown from Luton direct to Orlando in such a beast albeit a -200 with 250 on board, runway length in this case is not an issue.

Naf winter weather. Agreed, thankfully a 767 can land/depart CAT3!

No rail connection. What.....Walking from the Heathrow Express terminus to your departure gate can be almost as far, trust me, I have done it!

M1 is now superbly reliable now the 'Specs' measuring equipment ensures a 40mph limit is enforced through the road works.

Epsilon, lets face it mate, Luton is number 1 for executive travellers flying in business jets, Silverjet is just an extension of this.

As for its long term survivability..............Styrian, volareweb.........

Now will the 'Flat Beds' fit a Buster girth?