PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals - What are your experiences?
Old 9th May 2006, 20:07
Gwladys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Children, children - really hoped that my first post could have been about something more exciting than actuals but there you go.
My thoughts - does anyone really think that this new system will save the Air Force money? Thought not, because as hinted by ABIW, people will simply be 'imaginative' in spending their full daily rate. I also agree that, in time, we will get more used to the system. What I cannot even come close to agreeing on is that this is as user-friendly as the daily rate system. Give me money, I spend it. If that means I have 10 pints and a kebab then so be it - my choice. Damn site less paperwork though, and no keeping receipts for the next millenium.
Last point (for now!) - I'm not hugely keen on being accused of fraud, so if there's something that I'm not 100% sure I can claim for,and it's a small amount, I'll just pay for it out of my own pocket as I suspect a lot of people will. Net result is Air Force not saving money and me spending my own - great system lads...........
p.s. 1 post, 1 whinge - good start me thinks.