PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 9th May 2006, 17:29
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thankyou for your views and concerns. they have been filed so i can give them thought over time. it's important that there is a balance.

bob's voice on the radio was done to ensure the point got across of the awful reality of the true cost of this crash....the loss of a life. we can talk about life but words can be empty. this makes sure that the point is underlined in capitals, bold, italics and shouted out loud from the highest building. it isn't comfortable is it being reminded that because of the need to cut corners the result is loss of life. well, it's not comfotable for me either facing the loss of my brother every single day. it may be distressing for some people for a few minutes but every time i look at his photo i'm beside myself with grief. each time i go to pick up the phone and then realise he's not there. the ugliness and the rawness of grief do not go away and do not pass. they are simply endured.. not that i need to justify what i have done, ultimately the decision lay with the journalist of how best to make the impact with the report. the report made the point well.
you ask about why no one elses voice was used. no one from the crew called me before the plane took off and no other family did the report. so i hope that will allay your concerns.
speaking off concerns it's nice to know that there are people looking out for the loved ones of bob although you seem to have omitted any family members. as you did not know bob i shall try to offer reassurance in that department as it seems as though you are a little distressed which i would never wish to be the case. he was'nt married and there are no children but thankyou for looking out for them.
i have recieved blessings and support from the other families who were sadly involved with the crash as it was important that they were happy for me to fight for the legacy that these men must have in their memory. there was concern only that the tv appearance by myself and nige were the issue for families. that has been cleared up now the families in the local area have all been spoken to. there has been nothing but praise for the radio piece, so i hope you will see the point to the report as did others.

let's not worry about the cost. that is for the government to sort. you cannot put a price on life....one of them or ten of them. there is no limit in my mind. it needs to be implemented and therefore should be. there may be conflicting figures thrown about but that doesn't mean that it lessens the need to protect the troops. i will continue to fight all the way.

i'd be more than happy to correspond with you on a personal level about any other concerns that you have on this matter if you PM me.

Last edited by chappie; 9th May 2006 at 17:57.