PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals - What are your experiences?
Old 9th May 2006, 17:16
SIT head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always Broken In Wilts
There's always one - and you appear, once more, to be it. I've typed this slowly 'cos you probably can't read very fast.
'So lets get this right you are in the home of 24hr EVERYTHING and you can't manage to spend your meagre capped actual........good grief'
Okay, let me see if I can help educate you. Have a look on Google Earth - it's a free download so you won't need to fritter away your hard earned - and have a look at the USA. It's big isn't it? Next, try to find Texas, that's the big bit at the bottom of the States and in the middle - known as the Lonestar State. That's pretty big too. Now, have a look around Texas - or some of the other States, travel is supposed to broaden the mind and you'll find some densely populated places - (look for houses and roads and stuff, that's the give-away) and some very sparsely populated areas (look for no houses and roads and stuff - another give-away). Fact is, durrrr, that not everywhere in the USA has a 24hr lifestyle. Granted, some places and cities are 24-7, but not where we currently are. Everywhere shuts at 2200 - (that's 10pm to you) which means, getting back to the thread, the capped actuals remove the flexibility of carrying over one's allowances which will, in my humble opinion, lead to a subsequent overall reduction of the capped rates in due course.
As for an ASCOT callsign - never used one - I'm afraid our work is way too secret for something like that. I'd like to tell you about it, but - well, you wouldn't have the clearances.