PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who are the lowest paid pilots?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2006, 16:29
Feck Nose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont normally post on here but my blood is boiling with people who have never done the job commenting that I am overpaid.

Why do I deserve my salary???

1. I had to pay a sh*t load of money to train for the position. The bank wants it back!

2. I had to perform to an extremely high standard to pass the training (both ground and air examinations). It aint easy ya know!

3. More importantly I MUST perform to that same extremely high standard when I get checked every 6 months in the simulator. OR IM SACKED!

4. I MUST perform to that same extremely high standard when I get checked every year on a line check (normal flight watched by a training captain). OR IM SUSPENDED pending further training or maybe SACKED!

4. I MUST PASS a rigourus MEDICAL ever year or every 6 months when I reach 40 years old. OR I CANT WORK!

5. We get zapped by harmful radiation in the cruise every day that normal joe public is never gonna get at ground level... dont forget that medical!!!!

6. MOST IMPORTANTLY... If I have a really bad day and my aircraft suffers a major failire and the sh*t really hits the fan. Its ME that has to save your bacon whether your sitting in the back or on the ground below!

I think as a professional pilot I deserve my salary... I could lose this income suddenly possibly 5 times a year just for having one bad day!!

The general public have forgotten in this modern day that Flying isnt Normal, We are not supposed to be up there (God would have given us wings etc.)...
I am lucky to have such a good job with good pay... Just please dont forget what I have stated above... It could all end next month for me at my medical or in two months in the sim or in 4 months on my line check.

My pay is good for my position but my colleagues who have posted before me deserve much higher pay!

Thats just what I think... but then again Im just a driver!!!

**** nose now waits for a torrent of the usual abuse from non believers!

PS. I was away from home 280 hours last month thats about 70 hours a week!

PPS. My teachers said Id never be a pilot

**** nose! B757 +£2k freight dawg!