PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A400m
Thread: A400m
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2006, 12:03
sense1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The future for the RAF AT fleet is looking relatively rosy (note: I said AT which doesn't cover the FSTA fiasco which is AAR) - it is going to be equipped with aircraft that are much more capable than what we have had in the past. Glad to see that we will keep our C17s and acquire an additional airframe (although I am of the opinion that several more on top of these 5 are needed).

The A400M is not as capable as the C17 but it is replacing the legacy C130K fleet and is a marked improvement. It will be a welcome addition to the fleet and, based on the lack of any negative coverage in the press of late, the programme must be running relatively smoothly (I know its delayed but hey, what isn't!) Also a few export orders in the bag - nice to see we have something to compete with the C130 on the world stage.
Originally Posted by matkat
I worked for Airbus in Bremen writing the maintainability requirements for the A400M though I have since left have heard nothing from My Collegues who are still there that suggests that the programme is being cancelled.
Great, that post says to me that things must be going ok as he has heard nothing negative from those in the know! So how did South Bound find reason to write this.....

Matkat, love the logic - you leave a job, none of your old colleagues get in touch, programme must have been cancelled - mmmmm, could be another reason they haven't been in touch!

Thats just silly!