PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 Medical Worries
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2006, 11:07
7gcbc
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class I few years ago at LGW was full monty for the males, Females are down to lower undies (I believe) with female doc only. It is very discrete and very professional and not at all embarassing, sex of the AME is luck of the draw with us blokes, I had a very professional female Doc, no issues really, a little embarassed, but no big deal, I understand that Females can request a Female AME by default, just remember its their job, they've done thousands of examinations and you are no different to the other 10 they've done this week.

Primarily they are testing looking for any significant and mature STD (or so I'm led to believe - a personal character issue) they will also look at bruises from sports (I had rather severe bruised ribs which made the lung funky test uncomfortable, again the AME compensated the test for this), injuries and so forth, tatoos are not an issue (unless infected), neither are scars unless they look like they can be a problem in the future. The ECG can be a pain tho's but thats just me.
and before I forget you no longer have to do the Electroencephalogram (EEG) which is really just castle Frankenstein torture.

look at it like this, you will get a thorough health check which far exceeds anything available in the civillian world without screwing your health insurance premiums, it's very good to know.

Here's the link:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?ca...=90&pageid=527

finally, why not ring them and ask!!!