PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brit Helicopter down in Basra? 6/5/06
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2006, 08:22
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
What a tragedy, and yet another indication of how truly joint the Force is now, despite the inter-cap badge banter.

JC I knew best - he was almost too much of a gentleman for the SH Force - but two of the others slightly. JC I remember first as a stude at Shawbury; looking at my logbook I see I did his end of course check on the Wessex. I also recall him as a very diplomatic Course Leader when his course got into a punch-up in Shrewsbury!! As ShyTorque notes above, he had to work hard, but was the embodiment of the theory that those who didn't find it easy themselves at first become the best instructors. He certainly was one of the best, as subsequent tours running the Gazelles at Shawbz and (a post he was born to do) R & S Wing at Benz showed.

Someone once said that anyone who joins the military, particularly as an aviator, writes a cheque they hope will never be cashed... for these it was cashed far too soon. It also seems wrong to this aging aviator that yet another of his ex-studes has got to the Big Happy Hour in the Sky before he has. See you there one day fellas (and S-J).

RIP all and condolences to all whom they loved and who loved them.

Top idea on the booklet Fantaman.