PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAF Requirements
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2006, 08:13
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Matt,

My apologies. I was wrong. I won't edit the post but you may remove the word "airline" so it now reads "not the place for low houred wanabee pilots".

It isn't. If you want to do that sort of flying you will need at least a CPL/IR, either JAR/FAA or something else acceptable to the local authorities where you intend to fly and to the organisation you wish to fly for. There is no such thing as an "aerial work endorsement" on a PPL. Once you have got that go and get some experience flying, as an instructor or tugging or parachute dropping or whatever. When you have enough hours that you can fly the aircraft without thinking about it thus enabling you to think about all the other cr*p you do have to think about as a bush pilot in that sort of terrain you may understand what I am talking about.

However much you might like it to be operating in New Guinea or Africa or any of the places that operators such as MAF or Airserve or any of the other aid/relief/missionary operators fly is not like flying a super cub around your local gliding club.

Flintstone - you just beat me to it. I hope you're wrong but...