PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You're a pilot? You have the right to remain...
Old 9th May 2006, 02:23
Islandcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPF #1,

Interesting post. Certainly an immotive perspective and I was with you in 'in spirit' of the pilots beng far better prepared. I like the idea of the pilots throwing their jets all around the sky as a last ditch attempt to save lives. However, I would not like to place 'all my eggs in one basket' in terms of aviation security.

I remember that aviation accidents were once described as being a sequence of events, or omissions, that resulted in a problem of failure causing an accident. If I remember rightly like the random holes in a swiss cheese that achieve alignment once in a while.

Personally I would rather have the series of filters that will hopefully provide a deterrant to those who would seek to cause havoc on the lives of others. Some mistakes will be made both in failures to stop attacks and as has happened here some completely innocent individuals who did not deserve to have their day ruined. I am sure they would still want security on their flights to be ready and vigilent.

I hope you dont mind but I would have liked you to have put one important word after the word 'muslim' in terms of them wanting to see Christians dead. The term in my opiion should be 'Muslim extremists'. I know many Muslims who would never wish to see anyone dead. Just a small point but I bet there are Muslim pilots who read this board who may be a bit unhappy with that comment.

As usual thought...interesting post.

IC