PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Pay Offer to easyJet Pilots - April 2006
Old 9th May 2006, 01:54
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally believe that BALPA has emerged from this pay deal with enormous credibility. There will always be those who feel we should have gone for more - we nonetheless have achieved the best pay offer by far this year in the airline industry. We all know there are other issues at easyJet but we should nonetheless recognise the excellent work the CC have done on our behalf. Anyone with an eye on the outside world will realise that we are in a very uncertain industry and the smallest hiccup could change the status quo dramatically. Comanche's post is a very accurate take of the situation and I second his view entirely.

Those who are knocking this deal are making much of the lack of improvement in pension and I have some sympathy with that view. Nonetheless we have to balance that against the fact that this deal has been achieved at no one else's expense - in the past the FOs took the hit to pay for the Captains' increase! The rapid rise in the strength of BALPA has stopped unsrupulous managers from giving us an effective pay cut and instead has won us an industry-leading rise. Like any agreement it is not perfect, but it is nevertheless a great deal in the current climate and I have had no hesitation in voting 'Yes'.