PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAF Requirements
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2006, 23:07
matt22scotland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by excrab
Matt,
Ignoring the whole fly for nothing issue MAF and similar organisations are not the place for low houred wanabee airline pilots.
If you have any doubt about this do some research into the conditions in places such as the highlands of New Guinea. You might want to get hold of a copy of the ONC for the area and look at the large white bits saying "unsurveyed" or "MEF not determined but believed to be not more than 14000ft" or similar. Then try to imagine what it is like flying a single engine aircraft in marginal VMC below the level of the surrounding terrain (ie through the passes rather than over the top of the mountains), dodging the clouds because they may contain rocks, always looking over your shoulder for a way out in case the weather clamps ahead, into 500m dirt strips at 7000ft AMSL with 20% or more upslopes in the TDZ. The Swiss guy who died had 12 years experience of operating in PNG under those conditions, and he is still dead. With all due respect is this the place for a glider pilot with a lapsed PPL, as you describe yourself?

yes it is.

my dream is to fly for a career not sit a shuffle papers or turn bloody spanners day in and out no exicement or challenge .
i was 17 and i got a crappy manufacteruring job just for money for my ppl i spent 40 hours weeks wage on 1 hours flight! WHY

BEACUASE I LIKE FLYING its my re son de tre (incorrectly spelt french word)
surely you all should understand that or are you all to old and bold and who said i`m an airline wananbe? scroll back and you will see that i said i would like an exciting aviation career but maybe one day when aold and bold i will go for airlines maybe and flintstone i suggest you read your own statement again before trying to make a comeback! as the one great homer simpson said dooohhh
paying for training is paying for flying as it cost 60k to get atpl standard in uk
and rogherly an f/o pay is 17k thats if you get a job.
SO YOU ARE PAYING TO GET TO FLY.

think about the bottom of the tree.