PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Danger with Rapid Rotations
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2006, 22:01
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A37575
I am not sure you are right Rhovsquared. Apart from the engine failure rotation the Boeing 737 FCTM advice on rotation rates does not differentiate between light weights and max gross. From observation I believe that with a light weight and thus a rapidly accelerating aircraft there is sometimes a tendency to hurry the rotation where the pilot perceives the airspeed is rapidly building up just after lift off before he is ready for it.
A37575, I appreciate your feed back I do believe that on the 73' and later Boeings the Artificial Feel systems helps to minimise the effect on acceleration on rot. rate as well as CoG effect.

I definitely don't want to tell working line pilots what to do, but it could also be a Datum Rate meaning a Mid-perf test rate that protects against the stall or hi 'g' throughout the extrema of the performance (AEO and OEI) range with out comprimising distance.

To look at the raw physics of it (as well as that info being in a well known TP's book If you ingore flight path momentum for a moment, as it is high in both cases i.e Mv or mV,. and bring it down to the fundemental forces F=MA
since A is changing the F= Lift is changing as V^2, because the plane is accelerating fron Vr to Vlof through the screen at V2 or V3 the rate of change of the lift force must be met with the appropriate rate of change in AoA(incidence).

My statement does assume there is no abuse in rotation attitude or speed; edited to add rate of change of AoA

I'm sure 411A rotates at the exact rate the performance calls for i.e if 2.6575 deg/sec was called for that's what he gives

Last edited by rhovsquared; 10th May 2006 at 00:23.