PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals - What are your experiences?
Old 8th May 2006, 21:00
6foottanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd agree, the meals are a nightmare, the admin burden is much greater than before, and the tipping situation leaves us all out of pocket, especially when you've had enough of the bill faff when it comes to paying, and you go for the 'oh, it's just easier to round it up to the nearest £10 and split it'.

The system is clearly designed for the single MOD person who has to nip down to a meeting in London, stay over night in a hotel, and come back. Definitely not for a crew of 15 going down route for a week with 3 different currencies, working at all hours of the night.

Whilst I appreciate a lot of the snags are because we are new to the system (Bloggs has to be told for the third time how to fill in his daily rate sheet and that yes, you can have a paper, yes you can carry your 3 minutes call over till tomorrow, and where are your bl@@dy receipts?), I physically cannot fill in all the paperwork, collect all the monies owed and balance the books in a 4 hour sector whilst still fulfilling my cockpit responsibilities safely if at all.
And after a 16 hr crew duty day, my guys will not hang on for 2 hours on the ground to square it away either. There MUST be a better way......oh I know one, the old system!