PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avgas prices-What price do you pay?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2006, 20:36
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say Again

Reluctant as I am to perpetuate your thread drift, I must point out your misunderstanding of commodity markets and of the responsibilities of company directors.

There is no "marketing strategy" for a commodity market. Suppliers sell at the price purchasers are willing to pay, or stockpile if the price is not what they hope for. Stimulation of demand is by increasing supply which thus reduces prices for the market, not by an individual company reducing its prices. You are confusing that with retail sale - I am talking not talking about Tesco, but about crude oil, which you can't buy at the pump!

I assure you that if I had shares in any company that sold its product for less than the value of that product I would be asking for an investigation. The directors would be liable at the very least to civil action, and if a connection is shown between the directors and those who benefit (in this case the pofiteers who would buy at that price then resell at market value) then certainly they would face criminal sanction, as they potentially benefit from defrauding their investors.

How would you like it if you entrusted your goods bought at £1 to a third party, who tells you he could have sold it for £1.20 but decided instead to sell for 10p? When that third party is being paid £500,000 per annum to make the best of the investment you and others make?