PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2006, 08:25
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverhawk
So a Hallmark Mercedes is your idea of importance. I despair.
No, not my highest priority, but if offered the keys to a hire car every time I needed to get to the other end of the country it wouldn't take many 'years' before I thought there must be a way of improving this part of my contract. Answer me how you are going to achive better terms and conditions in any of the other areas I mention when you are taking the ground crew with you to the negotiating table.

Seems like a good deal at Easy now, but how long has it taken? Easy pushed to the brink over such a long time and they were allowed to. That payrise doesn't look quite so rosy once it is recognised the timescale since the last decent rise.
You sir, are missing the point. Yes it has taken years, BUT how long did it take once they organised themselves and all joined BALPA? That is the point, or are you suggesting that because they didn't organise themselves and took crap for so long that the BALPA deal is rubbish? You cannot be taken seriously if you believe that. So I guess if BALPA became the jet2 recognised union and negotiated a similar increase in your airline that would be 'crap' too as you have a number of years of 'crap' increases? Your logic just doesn't add up.

I'm way too busy working behind the scenes to spend time bitching on here so as of now,I leave.
So you have long enough to make a bitch about Hallmark cars but you can't answer any arguments of real substance, like how you are going to unite ground and aircrew in pay talks, what you are going to tell your aircrew colleagues when the ground staff want a very modest payrise and require the pilots to back industrial action. How are you going to get the groundstaff to support increases in pilot terms and conditions. I could go on.

If you are trying to become an instigator of pilots uniting to join a union, then you have to answer questions posed about the validity of your reasoning, not run away because you haven't got the time due to 'working behind the scenes'. How many pilots do you think are going to unite in the T&G if you don't effectively sell the idea to them? Answer the questions, tell them why the T&G will be so much better than BALPA, explain just how uniting air and ground staff is going to work and how you are going to achieve increases in pilot terms and conditions without pi**ing off the majority of your (non-pilot) members in the company?

Knobby Halibut---still not called me. I guess you must be on holiday, right?
He probably thinks you are too busy behind the scenes... Stop concentrating on one individual who has a gripe about your past performance and convince your colleagues why the T&G is the correct choice for them. You have thus far completely failed to do that. Try answering the questions I posed in my last post. Good answers to them would see your credibility and the T&G membership levels increase considerably. Convince the sceptics, don't run and hide.

Just had a letter telling me we have changed Private Health Providers because cost has increased, but level of cover is slightly lower. A change to my contract of employment. This is degredation of our T&Cs. No consultation, just imposed and announced. This will continue until we resist. At the moment we have nowhere to contest such changes.
Shame you weren't all in BALPA.

PP