PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements to become an FI (A)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2006, 03:05
nakbin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Requirements to become an FI (A)

Firstly, I did search (under ‘any date’) and didn’t find anything. Maybe I chose the wrong search words!?

I haven’t started any training yet, but have a question about instructing.

For someone aiming to eventually be an airline pilot and planning on trying to get a job as an instructor to build some hours, does it matter if you just have a CPL and FI rating rather than also having the MEP and ME/IR ratings too. Do most people get all the ratings then instruct or just get what’s necessary first, build the hours and then get the additional ratings and MCC – to lower loan repayments while they have low hours? I'd like to hear any views/advice about this!

Is a flight school more likely to employ someone with an ME/IR and FI rating over someone with just a CPL and FI rating – or does it just come down to number of hours (I’m assuming that people with an ME/IR will often have more hours).

For someone who has got a CPL (and maybe an ME/IR) with about 200 hours TT and has just finished an FI rating, how hard is it to get an FI job in the UK?

How about somewhere in Europe or the US? Can someone with licenses issued by the CAA work as an FI in Europe where licences are issued by those countries’ authorities?

Thanks for any replies!