PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 7th May 2006, 18:54
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunday Express

Big plug for the campaign in the Sunday Express today. Michael Knapp has a go at the Hercules. I bet the MoD wished they had not canx anti-missile prog now. John Nichol also has kind words to say about the campaign, and at the same time has a massive side swipe at James Gray. I wonder if his leader will have anything to say to him tomorrow! I do not think this is available on internet so thought it best to scribe the paragraph here. Words of John Nichol.

"Former RAF pilot Nigel Gilbert has been at the forefront of exposing the scandal surrounding the Hercules crash in Iraq. Yet his local MP James Gray attacked Nigel saying "He keeps going on about the same story. I think he should just let it lie." I am truly astonished by such arrant and insulting nonsense.

Our Armed Forces are willing to take incredible personal risks to ensure the job is done. They do it despite puerile jibes from politicians who would never have the courage to pick up a weapon. They do it regardless of the penny-pinching and bickering over a few pounds that can cost lives. They do it because they are proud, brave, dedicated and honest - qualities sadly lacking in many of their political leaders."

NG

Last edited by nigegilb; 7th May 2006 at 19:34.