PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millennium Airlines (Irish International Airlines) - Is it a con?
Old 20th Feb 2002, 02:48
quadrapuff146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello all, first post so forgive me if this all goes horribly wrong, and the internet explodes or something.

A couple or three points here as I know a few of the people who 'may' become involved.

1) In the current environment, should we not unite and support anyone’s proactive ventures ?

2) Giving 5K in return for a job is the most ludicrous selection procedure I have seen.... did anyone take the offer up ?

3) I wont name names (sorry, that’s for them to do) but the training manager that is currently in the frame is a gentleman of very high calibre - certainly any of you 146/RJ drivers out there will probably know of him - he has all the qualifications and more to fulfil this position. The only other 'firmish' position currently being filled is the guy responsible for preparing the Ops Manuals/Systems/Databases for AOC submission. Whilst relatively young, I know that he (rightly) commands enormous respect from all who come into contact with him – he taught me more about correct operation of the 146 over the phone one day than 5 years of flying the dam thing ever did. Brain on legs, common sense to-boot – bastard.

With the addition of a handful more like these two, proper funding, and a following wind I guess that this operation will have about as good a chance as any other of succeeding.

Come on guys, rally and support your industry - and those who have the balls to be proactive at this hellish time.

And for those mentioned in 3) Gimme a job ?

Regards, Aid.