PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 18:26
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't earn the right!!.......
I'm sorry I'll just stop laughing at that one. How was I "found out"?
I made it very obvious what I thought was going on and what my opinion was. If you can't do that, then I don't want to be part of it. I would never keep silent when there are issues that need addressing. Working in a climate of fear is not what life in this industry is supposed to be about. If things are unsafe, then it is your duty to speak up.
If you don't, then you are as bad as the person who put you in the pooh in the first place.

I earnt the right a thousand times over by going face to face with MOB and sticking to my principles as a professional.

I stayed for a short time (thank god) and was smart enough to realise that an extended stay somewhere like Emerald is actually a detriment to your career rather than a benefit.

The standards at JEM are well known in the industry and other companies take note of this. I myself couldn't believe the difference when I started doing other things. If you actually think that the standards shown in Emerald are acceptable elsewhere, then you've got a shock coming.

LL, I don't think you realise that if the company survives, then you will have to do something about the management. Otherwise this will start again. An employee buyout would be a possibility, but with everyone so fractured this would be very hard to sort out.

"I told you so" is not what I came on here to say, more it was a wish to (try) and offer my ex-colleagues some words of support. If you are too bitter towards me for whatever reason (I cannot imagine why?) to read what I have written properly, then I cannot be held accountable for your misunderstanding.

All I have posted is the truth as I see it. It may be unpalatable, but the reality is even less appealing. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

I really hope it does all work out for everyone, but I can't see it, but even if it goes t*ts up tomorrow, there are lots of jobs in all sectors of the industry at the moment. In 6 months time this will just be something to chalk up to experience.

I hope the e-mail is worth the wait!