View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 17:21
Few Cloudy

ex-Tanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping to the point

There are two threads:

The removed thread containing the Rumour (or Allegation) and

This one - which is about the removal of the first one and the ramifications.

In my opinion, judging by the very detailed and well researched posts by Danny, he has had some sleepless nights trying to keep this thing on an even keel.

It is all very well for people to complain about a perceived giving in to the airline concerned. They don't appreciate that PPRuNe is not a free for all public service - leastways not this side of Jetblast (non moderated). It started off as a hobby and grew so big, that requests, threats or court action occur on an irregular basis and have to be taken seriously.

If you feel like filling Danny's shoes right now and treading the narrow path between freedom of expression and upsetting some eager lawyer then I question your seriousness.

The best suggestion of how to deal with cases like this in the future, I found to be the idea of keeping only the thread title going, with an explanation from the Moderators for the reason. To the Mods and Danny I would say, don't expect everyone to read between the lines of your explanation - short and sweet will have to do in future.

Good luck,

FC.