PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in florida
Thread: PPL in florida
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 14:24
night hawk 150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Form Your Own Opinion

Hi Stug,

you may or may not choose to listen to my opinion on the florida flying schools but here goes.

i like you am a student and have been for a while, when i started here in the UK it was costing me an arm and a eg as i would manage to get a few hours done then wait several weeks even months for good weather to start again.

when i started my training again i had to doa few more hours on a refresh on what i had done previous. i have my medical and all my ground exams are nearly done.

So i as thinkning of keeping my hours on my log book and do the complete JAA PPL in florida, when it came to me looking at schools out there i like you posted threads and asked for peoples opinions.

Many people on here are anti Adrian T from OBA and some singing his praises so i guess my advice to you is select what schools are out there then call them or send them an e-mail asking them to call you.

I did this and found Adrian T at OBA a very nice and friendly guy who has bags of experience, the advice i managed to get off here through my own posts and reading others it that you are better trying to form your own opinion on which school to choose.

I am planning to head out to florida on my Honeymoon and will pay them all a visit and see the aircraft, services, accom and maybe get a pleasure flight to see what its all like.

For the best information on OFT just e-mail them or call them but have a good set of questions to ask them.

I really do wish you all the best in your search and hope you manage to find a school that fits best with your needs.

Craig