PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAF Requirements
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 11:45
Flintstone

Originally Posted by matt22scotland
Two CV's, you choose.
Well here's a thing Matt. I happen to have experience of being on an interview panel and situations such as you describe came up time and time again.
As Silverhawk said bush time is really only relevant if you're after another bush job (been there, done that) although the total time can count for insurance requirements.
When I read a cv and interview someone I'm not just interested in their experience level I'm interested in them. How did they gain their experience, what did they do to put hours in their logbook?
If the answer is worked for less than the going rate and by definition undercut their colleagues then for me that's a strong 'tell' as to their personality. What else would they do to further their career? What other corners would they cut? Could I share a cockpit with them or ask my colleagues to do so if I recommend them for a job?
It comes down to integrity, something I find lacking in the 'fly-for-less/fly-for-free/pay-to-fly' fraternity.
You are of course at liberty to disagree with me but in 20 years when you find yourself flying a heavy jet yet being paid the same as a lorry driver you'll know why.