PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 09:56
maat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverhawk probably does have our best interests at heart, but on the issue of which union to go for knobby thinks he’s misguided, as I do.

Silverhawk already knows IPF are a waste of time. They were forced on him by a company that probably knew that anyway. But even if the IPF hadn’t been forced on him, their track record would show that.

Why then does silverhawk want to encourage people to join another union with no successful track record at pilot representation? And lump us in with the CC & office workers. If the T & G is to represent us as an employee group, they must negotiate what is best for the majority of its members. There are 450 trucks in Fowler Welch, at least 450 drivers to a man in the T & G I would think. If the FO’s stake a claim that they want to be in the pension scheme and be covered by medical insurance like the captains and the truckers stake a claim for length of service increments like the pilots get, if there are 75 FO’s at Jet2 and 450 truckers at FW, it’s obvious who’s interests the T & G must serve first.

The whole T & G thing is an I’ll informed, poorly thought out folly that beggars belief to anyone with an ounce of common sense, that raises the expectations of the weak and diverts attention away from the one union likely to have any success at all, BALPA.