PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 07:18
hercpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Air guys,
I have enjoyed reading your posts and am considering applying. I am currently an American Airlines 767 FO and have pretty much had enough of the US Airline industry roller-coaster ride. I am interested more in stability than $$. Can you guys answer the gut question of how stable you feel at GF? I know every company has its ups and downs, if you read the AA pilots forums you'd think there was about to be a mutiny at any moment.

I have spent a lot of time in Bahrain and am comfortable there. What are the company furnished flats in Juffair like on the inside? I know juffair well and know some flats looks horrible from the outside yet are pretty decent inside.

I see that GF gives 50 days vacation, how do you get that? Do you bid for it in advance or can you request certain times off?

How is the flying/scheduling? I know it sucks everywhere, but do you get a line mixed with reserve or stand-by? How does it work? Does pay increase each year or is and FO with 1 year paid the same as an FO with 10 years?

I appreciate your honest answers and look forward to buying the first round at JJ's one night.

Hercpilot