PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing, take-off at VABB unsafe
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 06:18
dessas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pls comment!!!

On top of all d s**t U face in BOM:
3 months ago I arrived at BOM with 20' to spare before 27 was to be opened. 14 was being used but with marginal tailwind. I elected to hold as most flights that arrived after me. Only a Jet Airways ATR managed to land. We were all informed that 27 will reopen with 10 min delay after the published NOTAM time. It reopened only after another 17 min - a total delay of 27'! On top of this, contrary to worldwide practice, Being #1 I was only released from the stack at 10000' at the time of the rw opening, not in advance - in order to land at or a short time after the rw reopened. Altogether I landed with a whoppish 37 min delay after the original NOTAM time.
Shame for the locals who let themselves be caught with their pants down with sched mainenance on the main rw and marginal wx on the alternate rw!!!
But of course my company did not hear so far from the local DCA, after my report....
Just to add another piece to the pile of s--t:
I was shot at on short final 27 at Diwalli (local hindu festival) with fireworks from the small hilolck just off the CL. While I belive these are harmless, they distracted my junior FO and he botched up the landing...
Beware Guys, Beware Guys of the demons of unsustainable growth in India!