PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAI:PAX storm into first class at 35,000ft (MERGED)
Old 7th May 2006, 01:47
Nov71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I suggest this could be a PR disaster for PIA if any of the 14 are acquitted by a Mcr jury of 'endangering an aircraft in flight'

The UK media are calling it an 'upgrade mutiny' In Joe Publics eye a mutiny is the takeover of a craft against lawful authority eg The Bounty. According to reports, no attempt was made to enter the flight deck - terrorism?

'Stealing' an upgrade? More space & better seats Ok but there would only be enough meals for those with appropriate class tickets. The cabin crew could have identified those entitled to free alcohol etc.

The PIA website shows international route 747-300 have 45 business/economy plus seats and 388 in economy

The pax were held in the a/c at Islamabad for 4 hr in the heat before departure, fraying tempers. In the US I suggest a number of pax (not nec the vociferous ones) would have been offered a free seat upgrade to even the pressure - and avoid lawsuits. First class pax could have been moved upstairs since I doubt PIA use it for a cocktail lounge.

I await the trial outcome with interest