PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 00:19
sense1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Jackonicko]
I expect you've seen the phrase "Bug.ger off" before, but I'm not going to attribute that, either.

Heh heh, brilliant!

The F-35C is more expensive than the A or the C model (so I hope you're pleased that I'm willing to correct you, cos you are wrong).

Mmm - typo?? Appears I'm not the only one who needs corrected!

Back to the important stuff though..... The CVF will offer us the best form of power projection available. How else will we be able to put air power into an area to provide CAS/AD/stand off precision strike without having to rely on countries to provide HNS and all the potential political issues surrounding HNS that can hinder our military ops? Procuring a fleet of B1/B2/B52 type long range bombers is unfortunately not an option (and they require permission to transit airspace).

The US navy don't use STOVL aircraft from their carriers which are only slightly bigger than CVF will be. So why are we planning to?! CTOL is superior and those of us in uniform should all support the procurement of the best kit, in this particular context the F35C. Now I know that the wants and needs of the armed forces are probably the last consideration in defence procurement but once in a while we get the best kit (Tomahawk, C17).