PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brit Helicopter down in Basra? 6/5/06
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 20:57
Line_book

Rest In Peace

My most heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of those who perished today. Though I do not not yet know the names of those involved, I am sure in the fulness of time when they are published, I will find they are former colleauges, as I know many of the guys there now, and do not look forward to hearing exactly who it is.

To the families - I know it is of little consolation to those who need it, but those there were doing a fine job, in a world that many will never know exists, with very little thanks or reward. These men have paid the ultimate price, and made the ultimate sacrifice, for which they were ready and prepared to do. That is what bravery really is. It is the man who asks for no reward, who for whatever reason can take the risk to do the job, playing his role in a bigger plan, putting another cause before his own, prepared to suffer for another and knowing the danger and potential outcome. Rest assured they will have lived more in their short lives than some could ever do in 10. They will not be forgotten, and their memories will live on with their families, friends and units long after the rest of us have gone to pasture.

Rest in Peace - we will see you all again.

LB