PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 17:26
silverhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knobby

Not much time just now but you should know the IPA/IPF was imposed on us at the previous place by the management. We didn't want them but at those negotiations they were better than nothing, or so we thought before the negotiations. Felt very differently afterwards.

At those negotiations we were able to secure a better deal from the board than they were willing to offer. Not a great deal but an improvement. History shows it was not to break the bank. The board actually wanted to disband the cc during those negotiations. That was without any help from any union for the flight deck.

Knobby since you know who I am then please fell free to call me when you want facts rather than post on here with what you may have heard from a bloke down the pub who once knew a man.......etc. Doesn't take Einstein to read my posts and deduce my identity, it has never been a secret.

As can probably be seen already serving on a cc is no easy ride and a thankless task. The management see you as a troublemaker, your colleagues will never be satisfied with any improvements you manage to secure, no matter how protracted negotiations get. Make no mistake serving on the cc is time consuming and hard graft. Anyone at Jet2 thinking of being involved at that level, be sure you have the time and commitment to devote to a stable cc.

Edited to add the above paragraph

Last edited by silverhawk; 6th May 2006 at 17:40.